• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need answer ASAP please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ICUB4ER

What is the name of your state? Kansas

STBX is wanting to retrieve the compound bow that we have. The temp order states that when he left he could take his personal belongings with him.
He has been gone 8 weeks and has been sneaking in and removing power tools though. I have told my attorney about this and was told that he was not to remove anything else other than his personal belongings. Is the compound bow a personal belonging or not??? He will be here in an hour and I need to know if I should let him take it or not.

Zephyr

be reasonable here, is it your bow or his bow? and really as a marital asset bows don't usually even cost 1k so really are you wanting to keep it just to spite him? also change the locks and get a security system

ICUB4ER

We both used the bow. We bought it just to play around with and shoot targets with. It cost almost $500 when we bought it 3 years ago. It is somethingthat we bought and used together. If it was HIS, I would know what to do here. But, it is ours, which is why I am asking. He is wanting to take it to sell it to a friend of his, but he has yet to pay a dime of child support or alimony. I don't want him to take it and sell it because he will be the one profiting on it, not me or the kids.

seniorjudge

ICUB4ER said:
We both used the bow. We bought it just to play around with and shoot targets with. It cost almost $500 when we bought it 3 years ago. It is somethingthat we bought and used together. If it was HIS, I would know what to do here. But, it is ours, which is why I am asking. He is wanting to take it to sell it to a friend of his, but he has yet to pay a dime of child support or alimony. I don't want him to take it and sell it because he will be the one profiting on it, not me or the kids.
I do not know who owns it; I just said it was a personal belonging.

LdiJ

ICUB4ER said:
Ok...then its obviously not HIS personal property. Therefore, don't let him take it. As you were told previously, get the locks changed so that he can't take anything else without your knowledge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">