• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need answers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RobE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio, My wife is leaving me and moving out of our rental home, we have a pile of unpaid utility bills.She took all of our income tax return, and wont give me my share, without this i will lose the house with no place to go. Also she is moving in with a girl who is 20 yrs old, my wife being 33, who has lived with us for the last month. I do not feel this girl is a good influence on my children(3 of them) because of her lifestyle and the way she talks to them. I need help?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio, My wife is leaving me and moving out of our rental home, we have a pile of unpaid utility bills.She took all of our income tax return, and wont give me my share, without this i will lose the house with no place to go. Also she is moving in with a girl who is 20 yrs old, my wife being 33, who has lived with us for the last month. I do not feel this girl is a good influence on my children(3 of them) because of her lifestyle and the way she talks to them. I need help?
were the taxes filed jointly?

you need to head down to the courthouse IMMEDIATELY and file for divorce, custody, child support and a freeze on martial assets including the tax return income amount.

you can request that mom be temporarily ordered to still be responsible for half the bills regardless of her moving out. you can request that the children not to be removed from the marital home.

LdiJ

were the taxes filed jointly?

you need to head down to the courthouse IMMEDIATELY and file for divorce, custody, child support and a freeze on martial assets including the tax return income amount.

you can request that mom be temporarily ordered to still be responsible for half the bills regardless of her moving out. you can request that the children not to be removed from the marital home.
A judge won't put a freeze on cash or cash in the bank. A judge will make the party in possession account for it in the divorce, but a judge won't freeze it.

Its also not very likely that a judge would make the stbx be still responsible for the bills in the home the other party is staying in. A judge might order temporary alimony/supposal support or temporary child support, however...depending on the party's respective incomes and who gets temporary custody of the children.

Isis1

A judge won't put a freeze on cash or cash in the bank. A judge will make the party in possession account for it in the divorce, but a judge won't freeze it.

Its also not very likely that a judge would make the stbx be still responsible for the bills in the home the other party is staying in. A judge might order temporary alimony/supposal support or temporary child support, however...depending on the party's respective incomes and who gets temporary custody of the children.
your right, i conveyed that wrong. there's a hold on dissipating of funds and property that i was was referring to. albeit all worded wrong.:eek:

RobE

My soon to be x is still living here at the house until march 1st, using the same water, electric, and gas that she is refuseing to pay, what can i do?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My soon to be x is still living here at the house until march 1st, using the same water, electric, and gas that she is refuseing to pay, what can i do?
YOu can't force her to do anything. You can get court orders. However you stated she was an alcoholic and you also wanted to keep your children from her. So for the past ten years how often has she been alone with the children? Or when you weren't with her and the children?

LdiJ

At this point, honestly nothing except pay them yourself. You can list them as marital debts that need to be accounted for in the divorce, but if its only one month's worth, a judge might not consider them to be debts.

You might get more thorough advice if you give a little more background on your overall situation. We are kind of answering questions in a vacumn.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">