• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need answers quick!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jessca

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I have been seperated for a year and a half.No papers have been filed yet.He does not give me any support for my two kids.Am I still entitled to the money in the bank account if he took my name off the account?

Ozark_Sophist

How did he take your name off the account? Go yell at the bank.

Use money from account to get a lawyer, get support, and a divorce. Even if things were being 'patched,' taking your name off the account is a control problem--a form of abuse.

jessca

entitled banking

How would I go about getting money out?I have checks but only with his name.And he has taken my bank card.Can I write a check and sign my own name being that it is a community property state?

Ozark_Sophist

Your name was on the account. You did not consent to having your name removed from the account. Your SO was able to persuade the bank in removing your name without your consent. There are rules and laws about this sort of thing. Talk to the bank.

It may end up being the type of account you have, but talk to the bank.

If you are worried about this, seek a local women's shelter / advocate to assist you.

moburkes

Why/how have you been separated for that length of time, but haven't filed divorce/separation paperwork? You say YOUR 2 kids. Is he their father? Legally? Were you married when they were born, or was he determined to be the legal father by another method?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Your name was on the account. You did not consent to having your name removed from the account. Your SO was able to persuade the bank in removing your name without your consent. There are rules and laws about this sort of thing. Talk to the bank.

It may end up being the type of account you have, but talk to the bank.

If you are worried about this, seek a local women's shelter / advocate to assist you.
Actually her name may not have been on the account. She may only have had a bank card to access it based on what she is saying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">