• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Attorney Fast!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

goodgirl

I am in desperate need of an attorney that specializes in divorce only. My problem is I need one in Pensacola,Florida and I am living in Ft.Laudeddale. Someone told me about attorneys that have what you call a satellite office which means they have an office here and in Pensacola. Husband is wanting to fight about every single little thing especially the fact that he wants my property which was bought by myself before we ever got married. He has threatened me numerous times saying I am going to be sorry for wanting to do this the hard way and alot more. Since I separated from him in north Florida, I can't file in south Florida so I have been told a few times. I can see this running into BIG bucks which I do not have. He already has an attorney which is a friend of his and all he has to do is trade out work with him. All I want is what is mine (which is my property and belongings) and nothing that is his. I want this to go smoothly, without any problems, but he wants to make a big deal. Please help me with an attorney. I looked at the attorney pages on this site and it only lists one attorney for Pensacola which I know has to be wrong. I am desperate to get this going. I don't want to spend thousands of dollars and years fighting this out. Thanks for any advice someone may have for me.

E

Elliotg

Generally, under Florida statutes the obligation for paying attorney fees falls on the spouse who is best able to pay. In other words, if your husband is significantly financially better off, then he might be held legally liable for your attorney's fees, or at least a portion thereof. Therefore, do not be so sure that you can not afford an attorney.

You should schedule a formal consultation with a  lawyer.  Do not retain an attorney based upon a telephone book listing. A good means of obtaining an attorney referral is by contacting the Florida Bar Association or the local county bar association.    They probably have a web site and charge a nominal fee for the referral.  Most attorneys either provide a free initial consultation, or charge a nominal fee.

Good Luck.-Elliot Goldstein (offices in Tampa and St. Petersburg 727/804-3609 or 813/758-1862) Pensacola is not within my geographic area of practice.

The above information is provided as a courtesy, without any consideration and without knowledge of the specific facts.  Do not rely on this information. Seek a formal consultation with an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">