• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need divorce advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MilitaryWife4

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

I am a 20 year old college student that was married on July 24, 2004. My husband has been in the National Guard for 4 years and is being deployed to Iraq from Louisiana on January 28, 2005. Both of us are Hawaii residents and have been having problems with our marriage for about 4 months. We have no children and his current residence is with me and my mother on Oahu. He has family here and can live with them if we seperate. He is elligable to return to Hawaii from Iraq after 6 months for his R&R. He will report to Texas for 3 months of demobilization in Febuary 2006 and will return to Oahu, May 2006. I currently have a general power of attorney and I wanted to know more information about divorce before I decide to have one. I also wanted to seek counseling for my marriage and for a divorce.

My questions are:
1. Can I still seek marriage or divorce counseling if my husband is in Iraq?
2. What is the process of divorce in Hawaii?
3. What do I need for a divorce or anullment?
4. Can I file for a divorce or anullment even if he is in Iraq?
5. How long will a divorce/anullment take?
6. Is there anything else I should consider before I decide to have a divorce?

rmet4nzkx

I suggest you read the The Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act (SSCRA) this act allows him to delay divorce until he reutrns, it also has other financial helps while deployed if finances are a part of your problems with him deployed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">