• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need to get divourced before six months

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jezwallusa

What is the name of your state? CA

I do really need some help. My wife is now pregnant four months in.
This is not my baby we had a test and she has confessed to having an affair.
I would like to fully complete a divorce before she has the baby as I do not wish to get into legal issues about this birth. Our relationship is over, as far as I am concerned.

The question I have is : Can you start and conclude a divorce in California, given these circumstances in a shorter time than 6 months. If so what is the process and how does one do it. Thanks for your help.

racer72

I would suggest an immediate consultation with a divorce attorney. It is an issue far to complicated to be worked through on an internet forum.

4ARMADILLOS

re;jez

calif; rowing the same boat as you

hey jez,
Same thing happened to me. I went in myself requested a BIFERCATION" which means; If you give a good enough reason for an "so called emergency divorce" they will give you one. MY ex was prego and thats what they gave me. I didnt even have to wait six months to get remarried. I didnt but thats just the rule on that.
So go to your county court and ask for a bifercation form, fill it put they will give you a court date, show up!! but make sure you have a marrital agreement to attach to it, so you dont have to do that later. request that she show on the same day so she can agree to the marital agreement.MAKE SURE you address everything in the agreement including account numbers on credit card bills, loan cars etc... do you have kids now? good luck A

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">