• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need A Good Attorney And A Dose Of Reality

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mukiman

What is the name of your state?CALIFORNIA
:eek: My emotionally devastated friend finally accepted that he had to file for divorce (which he did a couple of weeks ago). But now he needs a GOOD attorney because even though SHE wanted the divorce she also wants the $$$$.
PLEASE tell me what the best resource is for finding a top divorce lawyer in our area???
Also, is there any benefit to a man having a female attny??? (someone suggested a female)
Third, because he is emotionally distraught about the whole deal he is being way too soft. I'm trying to prepare him for the as... cleaning he is going to get in court if he does not stand up and fight. Any good legal advice you can send my way to get him fired up and motivated????
Thank you again.... Muki

LdiJ

mukiman said:
What is the name of your state?CALIFORNIA
:eek: My emotionally devastated friend finally accepted that he had to file for divorce (which he did a couple of weeks ago). But now he needs a GOOD attorney because even though SHE wanted the divorce she also wants the $$$$.
PLEASE tell me what the best resource is for finding a top divorce lawyer in our area???
Also, is there any benefit to a man having a female attny??? (someone suggested a female)
Third, because he is emotionally distraught about the whole deal he is being way too soft. I'm trying to prepare him for the as... cleaning he is going to get in court if he does not stand up and fight. Any good legal advice you can send my way to get him fired up and motivated????
Thank you again.... Muki
Well...you do realize that since CA is a community property state, that they are each basically going to be responsible for half of the marital debt and be entitled to half of the marital assets....no matter who wanted the divorce?

He needs a good attorney, but don't push him into spending extraordinary amounts of money to fight the inevitable. Let his attorney guide him.

kcs00

As for a female attorney it doesnt matter, my H had a female attorney and she wasnt good at all, she basically told him to settle for whatever the ex wanted.

mukiman said:
Thank you again.... Muki
1. What area of California are you in? I may know of someone. Referrals are always a very good way to find a good attorney. Do you know anyone in your area who's been divorced recently?

2. Any benefit to having a female attorney? Not in my opinion.

3. As far as legal advice to get him fired up and motivated, there is no legal advice to fire up and motivate anyone. Getting a good attorney is the best thing he could do. He should have legal counsel.

If you are a true friend you will let him handle this problem in his own way. You can get him some names of good attorneys, but let him dial their telephone numbers himself. As the old saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink."

mukiman

AlexandriaDumas said:
1. What area of California are you in? I may know of someone. Referrals are always a very good way to find a good attorney. Do you know anyone in your area who's been divorced recently?

2. Any benefit to having a female attorney? Not in my opinion.

3. As far as legal advice to get him fired up and motivated, there is no legal advice to fire up and motivate anyone. Getting a good attorney is the best thing he could do. He should have legal counsel.

If you are a true friend you will let him handle this problem in his own way. You can get him some names of good attorneys, but let him dial their telephone numbers himself. As the old saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink."
Alexandria,
Thank you for good words of advice. Especially regarding letting him do it himself.
He needs to do this to get his sense of self esteem back.
We are in So. California, Riverside, San Bernardino area. Thanks Muki

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">