• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

munchkinn

What is the name of your state? texas
my boyfriend is married but separated. but his wife was married before and got that marriage annuled but she was pregnant at the time. i was wondering if the annulment was valid or is she is legally still married to the first husband?

B

brake pedal

marriage annuled

Basically, as long as the annulment is on file, it is valid. Therefore the subsequent marriage is also valid.

M

munchkinn

isn't there a law that says you cant get a marriage annuled if your pregnant? i have heard from some people that you can and some say you cant?:confused:

Whyte Noise

An annulment stems from the fact that the marriage was void or voidable to start with. Being pregnant has no bearing on whether the annulment is valid.

In some states a husband and wife can't divorce if the wife is pregnant because until the live birth of the child, custody and support issues can't be heard or ruled on and other legal factors. Again, this is in a divorce situation where the marriage is a valid one, and not an annulment where the marriage wasn't valid to begin with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">