• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Screamin'

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?FL
My court date is coming up. I want to move in with my boyfriend, my soon to be ex gave me some papers that stated if I move in with him he'll sue me. Can he do that?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Screamin' said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?FL
My court date is coming up. I want to move in with my boyfriend, my soon to be ex gave me some papers that stated if I move in with him he'll sue me. Can he do that?

My response:

What kind of papers? What do they say?

IAAL

Screamin'

They came from his attorney, just states that if I move in with my boyfriend I'll be sued for alimony, along with the court costs and attorney fees. I'll also lose my car, which is in his name.. But has agreed to my keeping it.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Quite honestly? It makes a boatload more sense to finish one relationship before starting with another. Put moving in with loverboy on hold until you're divorced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">