• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SummerRaine

What is the name of your state? Texas

I am in the process of finalizing my Pro Se divorce. I am fixing the mistakes in my decree but am wondering about a few things. Where in the decree does the required Family Violence language paragraph go? Also I was denied because a domicile restriction is required. My ex lives in NY and I live in TX, shouldn't this be the good enough:

The court orders and decrees that petitioner shall have the right to establish the primary residence of the child, without restriction as to geographical location.

The court can't possibly restrict me to TX can they?

Thank you so much in advance for any help!

LdiJ

SummerRaine said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I am in the process of finalizing my Pro Se divorce. I am fixing the mistakes in my decree but am wondering about a few things. Where in the decree does the required Family Violence language paragraph go? Also I was denied because a domicile restriction is required. My ex lives in NY and I live in TX, shouldn't this be the good enough:

The court orders and decrees that petitioner shall have the right to establish the primary residence of the child, without restriction as to geographical location.

The court can't possibly restrict me to TX can they?

Thank you so much in advance for any help!
No, they can't restrict you to TX because dad doesn't live there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">