• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

satanssister68

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts
My relationship is ending. My question is about a vehicle that we own together. I am first buyer on the truck and the title is in both of our names. Is there any way to get my name off the title and the loan so that he is solely responsible for the loan and sole owner of the truck?

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts
My relationship is ending. My question is about a vehicle that we own together. I am first buyer on the truck and the title is in both of our names. Is there any way to get my name off the title and the loan so that he is solely responsible for the loan and sole owner of the truck?
Satan's Sister?

Q: Is there any way to get my name off the title and the loan so that he is solely responsible for the loan and sole owner of the truck?

A: You transfer your part to him under your state's vehicle transfer laws and then he refinances the loan.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Satan's Sister?

Q: Is there any way to get my name off the title and the loan so that he is solely responsible for the loan and sole owner of the truck?

A: You transfer your part to him under your state's vehicle transfer laws and then he refinances the loan.
Or to be very smart about it, he should FIRST refinance the loan and then you transfer your part to him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">