• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tintin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

Hi I am here for advice for a good freind of mine. Currently going through a divorce process filed by her wife. She file a restraning order against him and the rest of the family and took the 2 kids with her ( ages 9 and 5 ). We do not know where she is or with whom she is. It all started because she did not want to send the kid to boarding school abroad. After the court giving the same decesion twice that the kid can go to school abroad. she put a stayorder on that decesion through superior court. Now my freind is abroad, trying to get refund for the school fees he had already paid for the kid. He still has the Restrainig Order in affect, when he comes back from abroad. All he wanted was to give better education to the kid in the home country where he was from. he is married 12 years. She has made false accusitions of extreme cruelty against him for filing the divorce. She has also filed for an appeal thorugh the appalet division, not to take the kid abroad for education.
He has allready lost a chunk of money in school fees and also the air fare price for the son that he was supposed to take to school. It all happened the day he was supposed to fly with his son. After he left US, she filed for a divorce, he is not been served yet. What can he do after he comes back here so that he can get to see his kids. He does not want to fight the appeal because of the finacial costs. Also she is not ready for mediation, mentioned in the divorce papers. When can the judge remove the restrainig order? All advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

Hi I am here for advice for a good freind of mine. Currently going through a divorce process filed by her wife. She file a restraning order against him and the rest of the family and took the 2 kids with her ( ages 9 and 5 ). We do not know where she is or with whom she is. It all started because she did not want to send the kid to boarding school abroad. After the court giving the same decesion twice that the kid can go to school abroad. she put a stayorder on that decesion through superior court. Now my freind is abroad, trying to get refund for the school fees he had already paid for the kid. He still has the Restrainig Order in affect, when he comes back from abroad. All he wanted was to give better education to the kid in the home country where he was from. he is married 12 years. She has made false accusitions of extreme cruelty against him for filing the divorce. She has also filed for an appeal thorugh the appalet division, not to take the kid abroad for education.
He has allready lost a chunk of money in school fees and also the air fare price for the son that he was supposed to take to school. It all happened the day he was supposed to fly with his son. After he left US, she filed for a divorce, he is not been served yet. What can he do after he comes back here so that he can get to see his kids. He does not want to fight the appeal because of the finacial costs. Also she is not ready for mediation, mentioned in the divorce papers. When can the judge remove the restrainig order? All advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Why in the world would you consider it appropriate to send a 9 year old abroad for boarding school? I am amazed that he got a ruling in his favor from a US court for that, if the other parent was opposed.

When he comes back he will need to get himself an attorney to file for visitation with the children.

tintin

They both agreed initially to have him go for the boarding school. They are planning to move back home probably by begening of next year. It was a joint decesion by both.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">