• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help and advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harley831

What is the name of your state? PA
I filed for divorce June 1999 a lawyer did my complaint I did the marrital agreement nothing was involved she signed consent in 2001. we have 2 children that my mother in law had custudy of until 2002 since then I have gotten full custudy and she lost all visits and contact because children and youth declared her unfit and she left state while under investigation. anyways I took the divorce to a lawyer in Nov 2003 he said she was never served. I tracked her down and had her served Jan 2004 recently i met with a lawyer who told me he felt the complaint is too old and that she wasn't served in 30days. He preceeded to tell me I had to pay his retainer then most likely will have to start over due to the complaint and that nothing has been filed in court in over 2 yrs. I recently spoke with ex and she gave me her address she said she does not contest but I want to know if I can start over on my own and file for default due to her may not even bother to return papers she lives in TN and has her own life family etc. I also have a family-g/f her kids and mine and can't afford a lawyer. I want to get this divorce over or at least get her served before she moves again. custudy and support is already ordered and nothing involved lived apart 6 yrs. please help???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">