• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help Desperately in North Carolina

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Underthumb

What is the name of your state?I am currently seperated from my husband, I want to move out of state and so far from what I have researched I can't, is this true and if it is what will happen to me if I do. Neither of us has custody, nor is custody pending. I can't afford to hire a lawyer and my state will not let me file my own paperwork without a lawyer, so I am stuck being married to this man, without custody of my children and being under his thumb because he is still my husband. I just want to get on with my life and I don't want to keep him from his children that isn't my intention by moving I just want to get out from under him myself. Please someone help me! I need to know what my options are. :( :confused:

nextwife

So why can't you make a new life in the same area - so the kids can have both parents in their life?

Underthumb

Because I can't get divorced in my state due to the fact that I can't afford to hire a lawyer, can't do things myself including filing for custody, legal aid won't help me, so we will forever be married and that means no new start EVER! He only sees them twice a month and leaves them at a family members house when he does have them. He doesn't ever call them to talk to them in between times or anything. He is showing little interest in the kids, but just to get back at me he would try anything he could to get me in trouble and keep me here, so what I need to know is what would happen if I did move.

nextwife

What one should never do is Quit Claim their intereest in a property if an open mortgage remains for which they are a borrower.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">