• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help.. dont know what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sugargurl1967

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Tennessee

well.. i am in a bad situtation of not knowing what to do.. and not having the money to do anything.. for starters my husband is verbal .. very verbal.. he just finished his class in anger managment classes yesterday.. ha.. what a laugh.. waste of money for one thing.. doesnt improve the man at all..
well.. i am scared and dont know what to do.. i want to leave him .. but dont know how to go about it.. with out him getting physical or doing anything i might regret.. we do not have kids together.. thank God.. and i dont have any family here either.
how can you get a divorce with little money that i do have saved? how do a woman make it on her own.. yes i do work.. but dont make alot.. is there any help for me? i have to stay in tennessee.. i have a daughter of my own in college and she needs me here.. shes paying her own way thru school.

thanks

CandiceH

sugargurl1967 said:

well.. i am in a bad situtation of not knowing what to do.. and not having the money to do anything.. for starters my husband is verbal .. very verbal.. he just finished his class in anger managment classes yesterday.. ha.. what a laugh.. waste of money for one thing.. doesnt improve the man at all..
well.. i am scared and dont know what to do.. i want to leave him .. but dont know how to go about it.. with out him getting physical or doing anything i might regret.. we do not have kids together.. thank God.. and i dont have any family here either.
how can you get a divorce with little money that i do have saved? how do a woman make it on her own.. yes i do work.. but dont make alot.. is there any help for me? i have to stay in tennessee.. i have a daughter of my own in college and she needs me here.. shes paying her own way thru school.

thanks
Lots of women's shelter, lots of help out there for older women to gain an education. On the legal end, if you cant afford an attorney, contact legal aid. If you are being abused (verbally or physically) contact your local womens rights advocates. There is help out there, you just have to look for it!
GL

LdiJ

sugargurl1967 said:

thanks
Take a day off work. Leave for work like usual. Come back home after he goes to work. Pack up your stuff (get your daughter or other friends to help you). Put your stuff in storage if necessary. Find someone to stay with or go to a women's shelter. File for divorce and a restraining order. Don't let him know where you are living, and try to make sure that he doesn't follow you home from work.

Then, apply for student loans so that you can go back to school and get some training....maybe even ask for temporary alimony. Try to get yourself an attorney so that you don't get screwed out of your fair share of the marital assets.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">