• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jamileh

What is the name of your state? Washington

I am divorcing my husband of 8 years after he admitted to infidelity. He is currently active duty in the Air Force and is stationed in North Carolina. We have one child that currently resides with him. This is an amicable situation and we both have agreed that we don’t want to have a long drawn out battle.
The reason that my son is currently with his Dad is because at the time he got orders to move to North Carolina, I was working full time and going to school full time and my son would have been in daycare for 10-12 hours a day. We both decided that it would be better for him to stay with his Dad so that he would be around family.
What I want is for this divorce to be final and over with and I want to have custody of my son with liberal visitation for Dad (summers, holidays and such) I have no intention of keeping him from his father and I really don’t need child support or alimony.
We don't have any property to split since that's been done already and we've pretty much agreed on the custody arrangements.

Since there's no real challenges in this divorce and we've agreed on what to do, I am pretty sure that we don't need to get lawyers and go through all that mess. But I know that there are legal things that have to be done and I am just not sure how to go about them.

Please help if you can.

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">