• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Heather0829

Oops please help

I was married for 11years and was awarded half of my ex husbands military retirement and he retired in 2012 I need help on what to do to start receiving the portion I'm entitled to and the back pay I'm supposed to get .

Just Blue

I was married for 11years and was awarded half of my ex husbands military retirement and he retired in 2012 I need help on what to do to start receiving the portion I'm entitled to and the back pay I'm supposed to get .
What State are you in?

Please don't use the preview option.

Thanks

FYI - arrears for retired pay property awards are not payable from DFAS under USFSPA. So go to the link Silverplum provided and apply ASAP. A correctly completed and documented application is usually processed within 90 days of receipt.

It's entirely possible that they both agreed to this.
True. He may have been awarded the greater share of another asset. Or, he had poor or no legal advice. When I was a military retirement counselor, it amazed me how many soldiers misconstrued the 10/10 rule under USFSPA and agreed to a 50/50 split when they did not have to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">