• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help understanding disposition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bullseye

What is the name of your state?CA

Last week my STBX wife's attorney had a hearing on f/l mtn/osc to/for relief as counsel for petitioner. The Disposition is DROPPED BY COURT.
I'm not exactly sure what this means. Was the motion dropped, as in thrown out/denied? Or, dropped by court, as in released as her atty?
I simply want to know if he's still representing her as legal counsel. Yes or No.

rmet4nzkx

bullseye said:
What is the name of your state?CA

Last week my STBX wife's attorney had a hearing on f/l mtn/osc to/for relief as counsel for petitioner. The Disposition is DROPPED BY COURT.
I'm not exactly sure what this means. Was the motion dropped, as in thrown out/denied? Or, dropped by court, as in released as her atty?
I simply want to know if he's still representing her as legal counsel. Yes or No.
It would help if you included your county. It sounds as if you went on line and found this entry on the superior court site for your county, the actual entries may vary from county to county but it sounds like the attorney calendared a Family Law motion/ order to show cause asking the court to withdraw as counsel for your STBX, but didn't show up for the hearing and thus was dropped by the court. You can call the court and ask or go down in person and request your case file. You may want to check to see if the file was returned to the file room or if there is an entry for a substitution of attorney. The actual file will give the reasons.

bullseye

CA

You are correct, I noticed the entry at the court site on line.

I will go down and request my case file.

Thank You.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">