• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help to write a legal agreement of property division

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

htofu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

Hi,

Now I made the deal to my X and will give her $ to take over the house.
Could somebody point me to where I could get any sample agreement online?
I want the legal agreement and don't want to get trapped by my X.

Thanks,

htofu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

Hi,

Now I made the deal to my X and will give her $ to take over the house.
Could somebody point me to where I could get any sample agreement online?
I want the legal agreement and don't want to get trapped by my X.

Thanks,

htofu
The best way to avoid being trapped or drafting an invalid agreement is to hire an attorney. My experience is that non-lawyers who draft agreements inevitably always screw it up. My guess is that the cost of the attorney will be peanuts in comparison to if you get screwed on your agreement with your "X" to take over the house.

Bali Hai

The best way to avoid being trapped or drafting an invalid agreement is to hire an attorney. My experience is that non-lawyers who draft agreements inevitably always screw it up. My guess is that the cost of the attorney will be peanuts in comparison to if you get screwed on your agreement with your "X" to take over the house.
I Almost agree with you. In a divorce case, if one attorney doesn't screw it up, the other one probably will.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">