• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need info for divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dragonfairy2004

I live in south carolina.My fiance has been seperated from his wife for 9 years.We are wanting to get married in march and we dont have alot of money for a lawyer.I was wanting to know how we could go about filing his own divorce?They have no property and they have a child together but they dont know for sure if he's the father.He is on the birth certificate but neither one is sure if he's the biological father.They dont have a court order for child support but he sends them money as often as he can.They are both in agreement on getting the divorce.Whats the easiest,cheapest,and quickest way to go about this?She was going through legal aid but they were taking a long time.

seniorjudge

south carolina self-help divorce

Google this and you will have tons of sites, none of which I know anything about.

But this married guy you're shacking with has a kid with uncertain paternity. That is a real mess and he needs a lawyer yesterday.

LdiJ

dragonfairy2004 said:
I live in south carolina.My fiance has been seperated from his wife for 9 years.We are wanting to get married in march and we dont have alot of money for a lawyer.I was wanting to know how we could go about filing his own divorce?They have no property and they have a child together but they dont know for sure if he's the father.He is on the birth certificate but neither one is sure if he's the biological father.They dont have a court order for child support but he sends them money as often as he can.They are both in agreement on getting the divorce.Whats the easiest,cheapest,and quickest way to go about this?She was going through legal aid but they were taking a long time.
I would strongly recommend that you put those wedding plans on hold...particularly when it comes to putting down any deposits etc.....because the odds of his divorce being final by March are SLIM.

Since there is a child (and apparently he is legally the dad) it really wouldn't be wise to do this without an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">