• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need this interpreted...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cdcellular

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

In the divorce papers for my friend it says the following:

2. Transportation: Mother and Father agree to meet for all drop-offs and pick-ups at the mutually agreeable location of either XXXXX or XXXXX at 6:00pm on Friday through and ending at 3:00pm on Sunday.
Neither parent shall have or send any individuals to pick up, drop off, or transport the child for their periods of visitation or custody.

The ex husband is saying that this last line means that no one other then the mother can transport the children at any time while the mother is in custody of the children. The Mother believes this line means that no one can transport the children to or from the exchange when they meet up at 6pm on fri or 3pm on sunday. Who is right?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

In the divorce papers for my friend it says the following:

2. Transportation: Mother and Father agree to meet for all drop-offs and pick-ups at the mutually agreeable location of either XXXXX or XXXXX at 6:00pm on Friday through and ending at 3:00pm on Sunday.
Neither parent shall have or send any individuals to pick up, drop off, or transport the child for their periods of visitation or custody.

The ex husband is saying that this last line means that no one other then the mother can transport the children at any time while the mother is in custody of the children. The Mother believes this line means that no one can transport the children to or from the exchange when they meet up at 6pm on fri or 3pm on sunday. Who is right?
Frankly, you don't "need" to have anything interpreted.

Perhaps your friend does.

:cool:

cdcellular

Frankly, you don't "need" to have anything interpreted.

Perhaps your friend does.

:cool:
Not sure what you mean. Are you saying I shouldn't be asking for someone else? Or you implying that I am actually asking for myself? Can I please just get some help here?

Silverplum

Not sure what you mean. Are you saying I shouldn't be asking for someone else? Or you implying that I am actually asking for myself? Can I please just get some help here?
I'm not implying anything.

I'm flatly stating what we all say here: posters should be asking their own questions, not questions for someone else. Each person should be handling his or her own legal issues.

Why would you be involved to this degree, if you are not one of the participants? Answer: because you are overstepping into someone else's legal issues.

But a simple reading will tell you and Dad and Mom and whomever she's living with that each parent is to drive his or her own child/ren during his or her period of parenting time, and are forbidden to send someone else to do it for them.

Funny, that...the implications are just what I stated. :cool: ;)

cdcellular

I'm not implying anything.

I'm flatly stating what we all say here: posters should be asking their own questions, not questions for someone else. Each person should be handling his or her own legal issues.

Why would you be involved to this degree, if you are not one of the participants? Answer: because you are overstepping into someone else's legal issues.

But a simple reading will tell you and Dad and Mom and whomever she's living with that each parent is to drive his or her own child/ren during his or her period of parenting time, and are forbidden to send someone else to do it for them.

Funny, that...the implications are just what I stated. :cool: ;)
Why the sarcasm and arrogant tone? If I am doing something wrong then you can politely inform me and I will then know the rules. I was asked for help with this plain and simple. So I am still not understanding. "sending someone else to do it for them" does that mean that no one can ever transport the children at all during a period of custody? if so how can that be? what if their is an emergency situation in which the parent is unable to drive for a time?

Silverplum

Why the sarcasm and arrogant tone? If I am doing something wrong then you can politely inform me and I will then know the rules. I was asked for help with this plain and simple. So I am still not understanding. "sending someone else to do it for them" does that mean that no one can ever transport the children at all during a period of custody? if so how can that be? what if their is an emergency situation in which the parent is unable to drive for a time?
No sarcasm. No "arrogant tone."

You're ever-so-welcome. :cool:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
How about this: IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. Have a good day. :D

cdcellular

How about this: IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. Have a good day. :D
It is my business, it was made my business by the person who is sitting right next to me. What is the problem here? Was I wrong in assuming that a legal advice forum was not for legal advice?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
It is my business, it was made my business by the person who is sitting right next to me. What is the problem here? Was I wrong in assuming that a legal advice forum was not for legal advice?
The volunteers prefer not to deal with a third party. :cool:

cdcellular

ok it seems i must disclose the fact that she is disabled and unable to use the computer, can there not be an exception made in this case? if it were as simple as just having her post it herself then she would.

Antigone*

ok it seems i must disclose the fact that she is disabled and unable to use the computer, can there not be an exception made in this case? if it were as simple as just having her post it herself then she would.
It is very clear: this is the stipulation and only these words need to be followed

If dad's honey want to take the kids to McDonalds while they are in his care, mom has no say at all. If mom's honey wants to take the kids to Burger King while they are in her care, dad has no say at all.

Got it???:cool:

cdcellular

It is very clear: this is the stipulation and only these words need to be followed

If dad's honey want to take the kids to McDonalds while they are in his care, mom has no say at all. If mom's honey wants to take the kids to Burger King while they are in her care, dad has no say at all.

Thank you this has helped a lot

Bali Hai

Does this mean dad's honey can take the kids to McDonalds near the drop off point, meet dad there, and dad transports them the rest of the way?

Silverplum

If Mom is too disabled to use a computer, how does she drive?

Antigone*

Does this mean dad's honey can take the kids to McDonalds near the drop off point, meet dad there, and dad transports them the rest of the way?
As long as the honey doesn't transport to the location. That is what the order says.

I personally think orders such as these are for childish parents. :cool: And this post proves my point;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">