• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need to know my options

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lost_Out

I am currently a legal resident of VA who because of employment had to relocate to NC. My wife of 22 years has told me multiple times that she has wanted a divorce and plays extreme head games. Therefore I have multiple questions.

Can I still file for divorce in VA because I meet the residency requirements, or do i have to wait to meet the NC residency?

Can I use the threats of divorce as a Mental Anguish arguement?

When my employer closed the facility, I had to relocate to maintain income (I'm the sole provider), my wife declared that she was not moving with me. Is this grounds?

When my wife dumped on me the above problem, she was seeking medical attention for a lump on her breast that she kept from me for 3 months. Does this qualify as Mental Anguish?

My wife prevented me from obtaining a truck to move my kids with me and on several occasions from coming to NC to find a place to live, I had to secure a rental unit just 1 week prior to starting my new position.

The list goes on if you need more specific events to help answer my questions. Thank You!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">