• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need a little help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tcompton

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new mexico
hi im trying to get my divorce from my husband unfortunatly i have not seen him in about 6 years. i have gone to my district court house and collected all the neccesary paper work needed. my only problem is that i cant find him and to be honest wouldnt no were to start. i was told by the county clercks office that i could post a publication of notification but i could only do that if i
have done everything in my power to trasck him down i dont have much money and i only want to be free from this stranger i am married to. so my questions are how do i try searching for him and how do i proove that i have?
do i file for my divorce and then try looking for him? how do i go about trying to have him served? i just dont know what the order of the steps i have to take are any advice would be very helpful
thanks

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new mexico
hi im trying to get my divorce from my husband unfortunatly i have not seen him in about 6 years. i have gone to my district court house and collected all the neccesary paper work needed. my only problem is that i cant find him and to be honest wouldnt no were to start. i was told by the county clercks office that i could post a publication of notification but i could only do that if i
have done everything in my power to trasck him down i dont have much money and i only want to be free from this stranger i am married to. so my questions are how do i try searching for him and how do i proove that i have?
do i file for my divorce and then try looking for him? how do i go about trying to have him served? i just dont know what the order of the steps i have to take are any advice would be very helpful
thanks

honestly, it would serve you better to have an attorney.

check out self help books at your local library. check your local law library for civil rules and court procedures.

i found my dad, and brother via google.

my mom, even though i haven't spoken to her in 5 years, i know where she lives and she worked for the city at a polling booth last election.

found my half sister on myspace.

a cousin on facebook.

the first time i found my dad when i was 17, i sent a seal pre-paid letter to the SSA with a letter to a SSA agent with my dad's social security number. they forwarded my letter to his workplace. took two months.

yes, i know. i seem to lose relatives more often then i lose my car keys....don't judge me. :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">