• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need the process for filing for divorce on my own

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

l_howard

Pro Se divorce

I live in Maine. I am planning on doing my own divorce also. There are no children involved. My husband and I have agreed on the terms. My problem is that I don't know which papers to fill out. He has agreed to sign our home over to me (there is still a mortgage) and I have agreed to give him a portion of my retirement (30% of 401K). I need to know what paperwork to do so this is completely legal. I called an attorney but they want $150.00 an hour to do this even though it is uncontested. Can anyone please give me some advice. I do not have money to pay an attorney nor does my husband. We are trying to get this mess over with as easily as possible without alot of problems and legal issues. Thanks!!

Lucy :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">