• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need proper jargon (term)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DemoSTL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I need the proper legal jargon for the phase "Said they were going to do something, but did not"

My soon to be ex-husband along with his father & mother tricked me into signing over the deed to the land they signed over to us at the time we married for the development of our new home. They told us it was for tax reasons, when in fact, a week later he placed a restraining order on me and I was forced to vacate the property with my son! While waiting the 30 days for the court hearing, they re-financed the land along with the house right out from under me! I spoke with an attorney in the area and she had a special legal term for this. Does anyone know what the legal term is?

Thank you for your help.

seniorjudge

Q: I need the proper legal jargon for the phase "Said they were going to do something, but did not"

A: "Said they were going to do something, but did not"

seniorjudge

Does "detrimental reliance" ring a bell?
That would be extremely difficult to prove in this case.

Our poster signed a deed.

It will be very difficult (probably impossible) to prove in court that she did not mean what she put in writing and recorded in the public records.

DemoSTL

That would be extremely difficult to prove in this case.

Our poster signed a deed.

It will be very difficult (probably impossible) to prove in court that she did not mean what she put in writing and recorded in the public records.
I don't see where that would be (probably impossible) to prove without all the facts. I will consult my attorney. Thank you Doc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">