• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need some advice!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ani_chat

Hi,

My name is Ani. I am new in this forum. I need some advice. I am thinking of getting divorce. We got married in Jan 1998. Our marriage was from the beginning a problem. He was impotent. At least he always says that it is my fault that he is not able to perform. Now after 7 years I wanted to get divorce. Do not ask me how I lived so many years, but we are Hindu and got married without knowing each other. We recently bought a house. The house is in both our name. Now I want to move out. Is this going to be a problem? Will I able to get my half share? Is there any way that I can prove that he has a potency problem? Is this going to help me in any way? Thanks

Ani

I am from New Jersey

LdiJ

ani_chat said:
Hi,

My name is Ani. I am new in this forum. I need some advice. I am thinking of getting divorce. We got married in Jan 1998. Our marriage was from the beginning a problem. He was impotent. At least he always says that it is my fault that he is not able to perform. Now after 7 years I wanted to get divorce. Do not ask me how I lived so many years, but we are Hindu and got married without knowing each other. We recently bought a house. The house is in both our name. Now I want to move out. Is this going to be a problem? Will I able to get my half share? Is there any way that I can prove that he has a potency problem? Is this going to help me in any way? Thanks

Ani

I am from New Jersey
The fact that your husband is impotent won't be particular important in your divorce. I believe that New Jersey is a "no fault" state (if anyone else knows differently then please correct me).

You will be entitled to a half share in any assets of the marriage, as well as responsible for half of any debts of the marriage. However, if you only recently purchased the house it may not have a great deal of equity unless you made an exceptionally large down payment.

ani_chat

What is a no fault state? Can a state be like that there will be no issue if there is fault. We downloaded a large amount. But my question was that if I move out will I loose that 50%?

HomeGuru

ani_chat said:
What is a no fault state? Can a state be like that there will be no issue if there is fault. We downloaded a large amount. But my question was that if I move out will I loose that 50%?
**A: were you playing with computers? How is is that you downloaded a large amount?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">