• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Some help and or advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Justfrikenducky

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I reside in NH now, have lived here for over 2 yrs. Did live in NC where I was married to someone. We have not seen each other in over 4 years and now I believe she is married again to someone else. The other man confirmed it, said I was not married to her that he was. How can i get proof of this? I have a date and yr of thier "marriage" and the county in NC where it was to take place. I have been trying to get a divorce from this woman since I moved out of where we were living 4 years ago. Everytime I try to file, she comes up with some excuse as to how she moved. I also strongly believe she was married when I married her, as I was told she was by the first guy. I believe she is a bigamist and I want out of this marriage so I can move on in life. The newest thing that I found out was that this new guy says he is her husband not me. I dont know what to do or how to prove any of this.

Please, any advise would be great.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
File a police report in NC with all the information you have about your wife. Bigamy is a crime.

mistoffolees

File a police report in NC with all the information you have about your wife. Bigamy is a crime.
But first, check the court records in the county where she lives. Maybe she already got the divorce (not likely given the information provided, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility).

Also, it should be possible to obtain a divorce in 4 years - whether she agrees to it or not. OP needs to retain a competent attorney who can make it happen.

Justfrikenducky

Yea, I am going to making calls either today or Monday. the last thing she sent me was that she wanted my address to send papers, which never showed up. I am digging as far as I can on the internet to find out anything I possibly can about her and this other guy. Calling the courthouse today to see if a divorce was actually filed, I got no notice of it and I would have as the address I did give her was my sisters house. I know bigamy is a crime and I really thing she is doing this. She lied on our marriage license, used her maiden name when her last name was something different, claimed to be her first marriage when infact I know it was her second or possibly third. I just want to either have my marriage null and void or legally disolved so I can move on and be happy in my life. We got married in 2005 but have not seen each other since i left her in over 4 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">