• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Some Info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rhegie1960

What is the name of your state? California

I came to the US on a tourist visa March of 1994. I met my wife (US Citizen) and got married before my 6 months visiting period expires. Undergoes Immigration process to change my status from tourist to a conditional residence status. After 2 years of marriage, I filed a petition to removed my conditional status and was granted a permanent residence status this year. We petitioned my kids and was granted approval and just recently they came in to join me here in the US. My kids received their permanent residence card already after 2 weeks of arrival. My wife and I were separated for almost 1 1/2 yrs. now.

Lately, my wife file a petition for Nullity of Marriage based on California Family Code 2210d which states as follow;

(d) The consent of either party was obtained by fraud, unless the
party whose consent was obtained by fraud afterwards, with full
knowledge of the facts constituting the fraud, freely cohabited with
the other as husband or wife.

My questions are... will I and my kids be deported due to this petition? Do I need to respond to her petition?

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">