• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need someone to help a man

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stevenfrommo

what happened to men's rights??i went to my house to get some of my belongings from my soon to be ex-wife.during that time she went off on me kicking,slapping,scratching me.i called the cops
thinking that was the right thing to do before i went off on her,the
police talked to me,i told them what happened during the brief
time thet gave me.they talked to my ex for a long time.i was told
to get off the property,i do'nt know what lies my ex told them.i did
not want no trouble so i left.that next day i get served with a restraining order that my ex got on me.what did i do wrong to
have to stay off my property,i want to stay away from her anyway
why is it right for her to get this order on me so she can have
her boyfriends come around knowing i will not be able to step foot on property or i will get arrested.is that fair to have this happen?what can i do about this,the property is in my name and in her name so wants that property after divorce.i have lots of money tied in it ect.what can i do to get her back for what she has done to me???why do cops always take woman's side of story.i need help so this will not happen again .thanks for any
input or suggestions.

man needs help

Have you ever seen the movie "War of the Roses"? Check it out-you just might learn that revenge is not worth the time or effort--Since the property is in both names I would think the best solution would be to sell it and split any profit--Of course, you didn't mention if there were any children involved--if there is, then I would think their well-being is of paramount importance--after all, they are innocent bystanders to all this and they do need a roof over their heads--if that's the situation, then why not let the soon-to-be X and the children live in the house till their age of majority (18) with you continuing the mortgage, taxes, and insurance on the property--after that time the house goes up for sale and then the profits are split--Of course, if the X would re-marry before that then the house would have to be sold then. Most women who experience divorce experience a financial disaster--Most men who experience divorce do not have a big financial change in their lives--kind of like a Timex--they take a little beatin' but keep on ticken'----

S

stevenfrommo

Thanks

Thanks there is no children.This is 1st house we bought,my first home that I own but have to stay off my own property becasuse
of the x lying to get restraining order on me.Nothing left to do but
stay away for now.

G

Grandma B

Sounds like she got a temporary restraining order against you. Didn't you receive notice of a hearing on the order? That is where you profess your innocence and pray you get a wise judge.

S

stevenfrommo

Yeah Right

Thanks for reply,yes I do have hearing coming up.You know every
time the judge believes womans lies,she has a lawyer since her parents are rich.Her family & x is very corupt and will do any thing possible to keep me off of my property.Do I consent or tell the
truth which i plan to do.a man has no chance in courts with any judge

G

Grandma B

Re: Yeah Right

stevenfrommo said:
Thanks for reply,yes I do have hearing coming up.You know every
time the judge believes womans lies,she has a lawyer since her parents are rich.Her family & x is very corupt and will do any thing possible to keep me off of my property.Do I consent or tell the
truth which i plan to do.a man has no chance in courts with any judge
Of course, you go and tell the truth. Be very serious, and very polite. And don't be too sure about your final statement above. I've seen many judges rule to men's benefit.

Since there are no children involved, I see no reason why she is living in the home instead of you. You should never have left your home. You didn't post your state. Community property?

S

stevenfrommo

Thanks for reply

I live in Missouri,my soon to be x got restraining order on me with these bogus lies that she fears me,i had to leave and abide by the order,hearing coming up soon,should i consent or what,i can not get a lawyer,just need help on what to do,she will have her lawyer there thanks to her parents,both names are on mortgage
it is just not fair to me to not be able to go on my own personal property because of her lies.i called the police but i get shafted
because they believed her lies & not my truth,x is very corupt &
evil would do anything to stay on our property,i just want to get on with life & get her out of my life,i want money put on place but
you know a woman always gets the property,help me if any more advice to offer thanks again

K

ktroxel

Man needs help

In the State of Washington, when a Spouse (man or woman) is given an affidava to vacate the premise (you get kicked out), you have to have a special "court officer" or the county sheriff to accompany you back to get your belongings. This is regardless if you have a restraining order or not.

I agree its unfair that ANYONE can go to the courts and lie to get a restraining order, but for the few who lie, it protects the ones who really need it. Call your local sheriff or courts and find out which "service officer" you need to take with you and surprise your wife by getting your stuff out legally. It will solve a lot a problems and protect YOU from getting arrested (your wife can't call the cops, their already there with you.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">