• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need to stay in house longer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bradlick

What is the name of your state? VA

My mother is nearing the end of the divorce process and about a month ago the judge ordered that she and my sister be out of the house by july 1st. A different lawyer was appointed to oversee the sale of the house. This date was based on the fact that I will be done with school and am supposed to start my job on the 2nd so I guess the judge thought I can take care of them. My mother's lawyer quit the case about a month before that decision was made by the judge and she has been unable to find a lawyer to take the case as of yet. The bottom line is that there is no way we can be out of the house by the 1st. The moving company is booked until the second week of july. I have decided to try and purchase the house with my brother.

Is there anyway to have the decision reconsidered and allow them to stay in the house longer so that we can buy the house without having to move everything out?

It is my understanding that the lawyer will contact a real estate agent to actually sell the house. Can I contact the lawyer directly about the purchase and not get real estate agents involved at all?

Do I need a lawyer to do this for me? Any help is appreciated!What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">