• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need title change for car repo after divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Don needs help

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
I divorced last October. In the divorce my wife got the car and I the truck. I paid off the truck and she did not pay off the car. The car was repo\'d and since I was co-signer I had to pay off the car plus repo fees. I now have the title (and the car) but it is in both names. I would like to sell the car and get some of my funds back but how can I? She is not to be found and I do not believe she would sign the title even if I found her. Also I need my title for the truck in my name only (she was supposed to sign off on it after the divorce)

JETX

Do the divorce papers ORDER her to sign the truck over to you?? If so, then you will need to locate here and get her to sign the title. This can be done with a Contempt order from the court.

Do the divorce papers order her to pay for the car?? If so, then you will still need to find her and sue her to recover your 'damages'.... that being the amount that you were forced to pay to protect your credit.

If all of these were just 'verbal' agreements, then they are worth the paper that they were written on.... none!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">