• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need2know

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

britenshiny

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
Living with the father of my two children 17 and 18, never married, never filed taxes together, own a home together and personal property together for the last 22 years. He is a womanizer and a liar and I want out but he won't agree to any realistic solution with the home and property ( He feels if I don't like it ... i can leave). How can I buy him out or sell and receive my fair share of the house. He has been stealing anything he wants from the house and hiding it at friends houses as well....things I have bought (ex: computers for kids, plasma tv, stereo system etc.). Can he continue to do this legally?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
Living with the father of my two children 17 and 18, never married, never filed taxes together, own a home together and personal property together for the last 22 years. He is a womanizer and a liar and I want out but he won't agree to any realistic solution with the home and property ( He feels if I don't like it ... i can leave). How can I buy him out or sell and receive my fair share of the house. He has been stealing anything he wants from the house and hiding it at friends houses as well....things I have bought (ex: computers for kids, plasma tv, stereo system etc.). Can he continue to do this legally?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You are going to have to file a partition suit on the house, to force it to be sold and the proceeds divided. Don't replace any of the things that he has taken, and get anything that is really important to you out of the house and locked in a storage facility somewhere.

If you have the receipts to prove that you purchased the items that he is taking, you can sue him in small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">