• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Needing help with divorce with children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mizkity2424

I live in Texas. I am trying to get a divorce by doing it myself. The problem comes with trying to figure out the right forms to file. There are two children involved, which he has custody of, and I am not wanting to change any of that. We have already went to court and settled on custody and child support, and I am not wanting to contest any of that. I just want to get a divorce. We have not lived together in 3 years, and I am ready to move on with my life. Can anyone give any help here or guide me in the right direction?

VeronicaGia

mizkity2424 said:
I live in Texas. I am trying to get a divorce by doing it myself. The problem comes with trying to figure out the right forms to file. There are two children involved, which he has custody of, and I am not wanting to change any of that. We have already went to court and settled on custody and child support, and I am not wanting to contest any of that. I just want to get a divorce. We have not lived together in 3 years, and I am ready to move on with my life. Can anyone give any help here or guide me in the right direction?
It appears all matters of custody, visitation and support are settled. Is there any property that has to be settled too? If not, hiring an attorney for this when both parties are in agreement could be very inexpensive. Look into it. If you don't know what papers to file, I'm presuming you don't know how to fill them in, have them served and filed with the court. At least contact an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">