• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Needing Help...Husband Filed for divorce in Wrong County

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Just a question I am hoping to get an answer to..

My husband and I have been married 7yrs. This September he decided to chose another woman over myself and our kids.. ( let me rephrase that my kids from a previous marriage.) We have lived in Bastrop County for over 5 yrs. In December he decides to file for the divorce ( as I refused to pay for it because he cheated) but did so in Travis county. Now mind you we have not lived in Travis county and before he filed for the divorce he moved to Houston with his new girl friend. It is now April and he will not return my calls in regard to the divorce and has not given me a date. I guess my question is this when it does go to court do a let the Judge know he filed in the wrong county? Also May I file in Bastrop County even though he has already filed?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Just a question I am hoping to get an answer to..

My husband and I have been married 7yrs. This September he decided to chose another woman over myself and our kids.. ( let me rephrase that my kids from a previous marriage.) We have lived in Bastrop County for over 5 yrs. In December he decides to file for the divorce ( as I refused to pay for it because he cheated) but did so in Travis county. Now mind you we have not lived in Travis county and before he filed for the divorce he moved to Houston with his new girl friend. It is now April and he will not return my calls in regard to the divorce and has not given me a date. I guess my question is this when it does go to court do a let the Judge know he filed in the wrong county? Also May I file in Bastrop County even though he has already filed?
In this thread, you're the husband: https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/i-am-lose-end-my-rope-someone-please-help-443404.html

This one, also: https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/i-am-so-overwelmed-lost-what-do-i-do-now-457546.html

There are more threads, but I'll assume you get the point.

:cool:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
This was an Account we shared...I Have not been on in some years..I just needed help with a question is all..
:eek::eek::eek:

Why on God's Green Earth would you use and account that you've been sharing with the person who's filed for divorce from you? :confused:

It costs $0 to create your own, and gives you a little bit of privacy. What? You're that sure he'll never check out his own profile and see what you've posted? Granted, ATM it's fairly innocuous, but it clearly has the potential to get rather ugly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">