• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neglect

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

netwrkgrl09

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN
I need advice as to what constitutes neglect of a minor. I recently contacted CPS and they said my concerns did not constitute neglect. My son fell off a scooter and broke his thumb. His father did not take him to the ER until three days later. He ended up having pins put in and is in a cast. He has been in the cast for over a month now. His father missed his first post-op follow-up appointment. I was sitting in the waiting room and he never called. I had to reschedule the appointment and take him myself. I am afraid it is going to take something much worse to the the attention of CPS. What should I do?
We have two sons and they are both failing school for the 3rd year in a row. They refuse to turn in any assignments. Our youngest as 10 pages of discipline problems, but CPS says there is no need for concern.
What is a mother to do?

Proserpina

I need advice as to what constitutes neglect of a minor. I recently contacted CPS and they said my concerns did not constitute neglect. My son fell off a scooter and broke his thumb. His father did not take him to the ER until three days later. He ended up having pins put in and is in a cast. He has been in the cast for over a month now. His father missed his first post-op follow-up appointment. I was sitting in the waiting room and he never called. I had to reschedule the appointment and take him myself. I am afraid it is going to take something much worse to the the attention of CPS. What should I do?
We have two sons and they are both failing school for the 3rd year in a row. They refuse to turn in any assignments. Our youngest as 10 pages of discipline problems, but CPS says there is no need for concern.
What is a mother to do?
If CPS has decided there is no need for concern, there's not much you can do. These are the people who decide what is, or is not, neglect.

(in all honesty no - Dad was not neglectful in the situation you described).

Out of interest what are the current custody orders?

Isis1

What is a mother to do?
aside from what Dog says about the medical neglect...

about the grades, what have YOU done as a parent? tutoring? school counseling? how involved are you with their education?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">