• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

nervous breakdown

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lonesomedove

:( I have bi-polar which was always manageable until my husband of over 20yrs told me he fell in love with another woman and wants a Divorce. I don't believe in Divorce and am still in love with him. After finding pics of the other woman I had a complete nervous breakdown, tried to committ sucide twice and have been hospitalized on several occasions for depression and suicidal thoughts. I can no longer work and am on several medications. What i want to know is because his actions triggered this emotional downfall, can he be held responsible and will it effect how much he will have to pay in terms of alimony?

vrzirn

Well, at least you are clear-headed enough to be thinking about money. Whether you believe in diivorce or not is not relevant;you cannot force someone to remain married to you.Everyone comes unglued at some point during a divorce. Read some of the posts in this forum.If you do kill yourself it will be a lot easier for him. He is not responsible for your fragile emotional health-you are! Look up that song from Oklahoma-Many a New Day. Get a good therapist and get on with it. Good lawyer, too. Good luck.It really is not the end of the world.

L

lonesomedove

vrnim(?) While i appreciate the time u took to respond to my letter it is obvious that you have no understanding of maniac depression. It is a serious mental illness and those with it "don't just get over it" Everyday things that are easy for you can be difficult to us. There is no cure for this illness. I have a therapist and a pyschiatrist and there is not much they can do, except try to keep me stable, which given my situation is not possible. it is very complicated and would take more space to explain. I just ask u not to rush to judgement.
again thanks for the time.

S

scrwdbysystm

unfortunately, I understand.......

Lonesomedove,
BP buddy here. My hubby was in a car accident coming to pick me up from work about 3 weeks ago, and was hit by an uninsured motorist. I came here to search for some legal advice about it, because as usual, we're getting screwed. I was so upset about it a weel later, I "freaked out" in the middle of class (I work with spec. ed. kids at local elementary) and had to go to outpatient therapy for 2 days. I lost my part-time job because I can't drive my car at night(no taillights...rear-ended by an uninsured motorist.) Met some other "understanding" bipolar "friends" at group. Wonder, can I sue for losing my job and the medical bills for my sudden attack of mania? HMMMMMMM....
Anyway, been divorced 2x...one of which I cared for a great deal.....know what you're goin through, good luck to you..... and be sure to go to a doctor...hang in there email me if you need to!
Peace......

LegalBeagle

lonesomedove said:
:( I have bi-polar which was always manageable until my husband of over 20yrs told me he fell in love with another woman and wants a Divorce. I don't believe in Divorce and am still in love with him. After finding pics of the other woman I had a complete nervous breakdown, tried to committ sucide twice and have been hospitalized on several occasions for depression and suicidal thoughts. I can no longer work and am on several medications. What i want to know is because his actions triggered this emotional downfall, can he be held responsible and will it effect how much he will have to pay in terms of alimony?
Your mental breakdown will have no effect on any alimony payment and he will not be held responsible.

L

lonesomedove

to scrwdbystym

Sorry to hear of your situation, wish I could offer legal advice by cannot. I do know of my mother's similar situation. She too was hit by a car and althoug he had insurance it was not enough to cover he hospital bills. She hired a good lawyer and was able to sue and eventually recieve money.

you say your bi-polar, I've been looking for a bi-polar support group with no results so far. I would really like to email you. I don't know how to get your email address, is there a member directory? I'm going through a very,very difficult time now and could use a friend. I added you to my buddy list, whatever that means.
Thanks for responding

S

scrwdbysystm

mzterranova

lonesomedove.......
subject=email name @hotmail.com

Peace

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">