• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Haven attorney?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mdf

What is the name of your state? CT

I need a very aggressive divorce attorney in New Haven CT. My sister's divorce has gone off the rails and we've come to the conclusion her current attorney is not up to the aggressive maneuvering of the opposing attorney. (After six months, my sister has incurred over 15K in fees and has not made any progress--I'm not joking: nothing. Her attorney can't even get the opposing counsel to agree to a date for mediation or court hearing for over three months. Not a single motion filed has been heard. It's a mess).

I can't seem to find any websites that specifically review attorneys for their success and approach. Any recommendations (either attorney or website) would be much appreciated.
Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this--I'm at a loss.

seniorjudge

Ask folks in New Haven, Connecticut, who have been divorced which lawyer does the best job.

(An "aggressive" lawyer is not necessarily the best lawyer.)

By the way, the signs on the interstate pointing to the exit for UCONN LAW SCHOOL are hilarious.

Maybe they should change the name???:D

Silverplum

All she can really do is interview some attorneys and pick one. Or, if allowed in her area, go to family court for a day or two and watch the attorneys in action...then pick one.

mdf

seniorjudge: I thought I was the only one that noticed that! Yes, funny. thanks for the advice.

Silver: thank you. that's a workable idea for her too since she works near court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">