• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new mexico

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mickibella

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? My husband was served a summons to sign divorce papers, he refused. We have no property, no children, no assessts to share. he has never paid taxes,and I noticed there is a 12000 tax on my credit report. could that be his,and am I responsible for that

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? My husband was served a summons to sign divorce papers, he refused. We have no property, no children, no assessts to share. he has never paid taxes,and I noticed there is a 12000 tax on my credit report. could that be his,and am I responsible for that
That's virtually impossible to discern without more details.

Have you been filing jointly?

What is the notation on the credit report? When is the entry dated?

LdiJ

If you filed a joint return for the year in question, its just as much your responsibility as it is his, in the eyes of the IRS.

If you never filed a joint return, then you need to challenge that entry on your credit report.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">