• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Question Retirement benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trishaann

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
Recap: Husband has been divorced 30 years and now wants to retire. He was working at a county job and 2 years later he and X divorced. My question was if she was entitled to the 2 years of benefits. I liked the answer you gave me but after contacting my niece, (who is a divorce attorney), she thought a judge might consider it omitted assests. Now this was 30 years ago when I believe that wasn't the norm to do that. My niece said she is entitled to 1/2 and to pay it now because if she found out she could get even more. That just doesn't sound right to me or truthfully I just can't believe this could be so. What should we do? Get a local attorney and find out for sure. The X lives out of state so it would be a stretch for her to come out here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">