• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New York Divorce dilemma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

norva

What is the name of your state? New York.
My daughter had to move out of her house because she was being abused by her husband. She then got an order of protection and filed for divorce. That was in Feb. Since Feb, her husband lost his job and is not paying towards the mortgage nor the other two loans that have the house as collateral. They have a tenant in one half of the house, and my daughter's husband is keeping the rent money which before Feb was used to help pay the mortgage. Her lawyer says nothing can be done until the divorce is final, but by that time the three creditors will forclose on the house. Meanwhile my daughter also has to pay rent on her apartment. The husband also refuses to let the house be listed for sale by a realtor. One suggestion was made that we should acquire an "RJI" (request for judicial intervention) but her lawyer says that it takes weeks to get a court date to apply for an RJI, and by then forclosures will be under way. So my daughter has absolutely no way to prevent financial ruin. What can she do?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? New York.
My daughter had to move out of her house because she was being abused by her husband. She then got an order of protection and filed for divorce. That was in Feb. Since Feb, her husband lost his job and is not paying towards the mortgage nor the other two loans that have the house as collateral. They have a tenant in one half of the house, and my daughter's husband is keeping the rent money which before Feb was used to help pay the mortgage. Her lawyer says nothing can be done until the divorce is final, but by that time the three creditors will forclose on the house. Meanwhile my daughter also has to pay rent on her apartment. The husband also refuses to let the house be listed for sale by a realtor. One suggestion was made that we should acquire an "RJI" (request for judicial intervention) but her lawyer says that it takes weeks to get a court date to apply for an RJI, and by then forclosures will be under way. So my daughter has absolutely no way to prevent financial ruin. What can she do?
She still need to get that court date....or someone needs to loan her the money to pay up on the mortgage/loans. If she at least gets them paid up for now, it will give some breathing room to try to get the judge to order that the house be sold.

Bali Hai

She still need to get that court date....or someone needs to loan her the money to pay up on the mortgage/loans. If she at least gets them paid up for now, it will give some breathing room to try to get the judge to order that the house be sold.
Well don't ask OP for the loan, my guess is it's mother sucking off S/I/L's hind tit!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">