• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

newly wed mistake

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdelill6

What is the name of your state? new york
My husband and I have been married for just over a month and out of the blue he is a different person. we both realize that we made a huge mistake. what is the easiest ,cheapest way to resolve this marraige in the fastest way possible?

Bali Hai

My husband and I have been married for just over a month and out of the blue he is a different person. we both realize that we made a huge mistake. what is the easiest ,cheapest way to resolve this marraige in the fastest way possible?
File for divorce and don't be greedy.

LdiJ

NY has a one year waiting period (period of separation) in order to get an no-fault divorce. Otherwise, you have to have "grounds".

Bali Hai

NY has a one year waiting period (period of separation) in order to get an no-fault divorce. Otherwise, you have to have "grounds".
She has grounds: "Cruel and Inhuman Treatment", women in NY universally use this one when they want out and can't prove anything else.

She has grounds: "Cruel and Inhuman Treatment", women in NY universally use this one when they want out and can't prove anything else.
And if they both really want out as the OP states, than even the H can file and use cruel and inhuman against her. She wont object as she wants out too!!!

Bali Hai

And if they both really want out as the OP states, than even the H can file and use cruel and inhuman against her. She wont object as she wants out too!!!
That is correct as long as someone isn't using fault to put money in their pocket.

This is the game women play and the courts go right along with it.

jdelill6

newly wed

File for divorce and don't be greedy.
I am not sure what an annulment is exactly, but is that at all possible or does it have to be a divorce? its hasnt even been 6 weeks since the wedding. I just feel like there should be an easier way out.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am not sure what an annulment is exactly, but is that at all possible or does it have to be a divorce? its hasnt even been 6 weeks since the wedding. I just feel like there should be an easier way out.
Sorry - your lack of diligence in choosing your husband does not rise to the level required for an annulment.

Just Blue

Annulment is much more expansive and time consuming than a divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">