• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Next step after filing in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adogg1219

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I filed for dissolution of marriage with children on March 5th and my husband was formally served.

Just today, I received registered mail from him. It was a Marital Settlement Agreement dated March 10. However, I do not agree to the terms. Do I need to respond to that? What is my next step?

Thank you so much. I wish I could afford a good divorce attorney, but it's impossible. (Especially considering he hasn't been helping financially with our daughter!)

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I filed for dissolution of marriage with children on March 5th and my husband was formally served.

Just today, I received registered mail from him. It was a Marital Settlement Agreement dated March 10. However, I do not agree to the terms. Do I need to respond to that? What is my next step?

Thank you so much. I wish I could afford a good divorce attorney, but it's impossible. (Especially considering he hasn't been helping financially with our daughter!)
If you do not agree to the terms, then don't sign it. You can send him your own proposed agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">