• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NO Default here, now what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

owutaqt

What is the name of your state? CAlifornia

Marine STBX will not sign papers for divorce, will not even acknowledge it is going on. He states he does not want a divorce.

So, I filed my papers, had him served it has been thirty days, but now I find out that there is no default judgement for military members because of the Service members Civil relief act. So what do I do now? It has been thirty days, I cannot file a default, what happens?? Do I have to stay married to him?

I understand that they want to protect our service members and I agree with it, but what does a civilian spouse do in order to get a divorce?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I just don't understand where do I go from here?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
How can I get a hearing date if he wont even sign?? I don't understand how to do that?
He doesn't have to sign for a hearing to be scheduled. You really should consult with an attorney on this, as you seem lost on a basic premise. That is NOT meant in a bad way, just being realistic.

LdiJ

He doesn't have to sign for a hearing to be scheduled. You really should consult with an attorney on this, as you seem lost on a basic premise. That is NOT meant in a bad way, just being realistic.
I agree that you need an attorney ASAP. You are running out of time to get this done. If its not substantially in the works before he deploys, you won't be able to divorce him until after he comes back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">