• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no jury trial!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Confused Tx Dad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My attorney sucked me dry then took it upon himself to request a jury trial. I can't afford the additional $50k retainer to continue so I'm now pro se...

1. Exactly how do I request a NO JURY trial, or withdraw my attorney's original request?

My soon to be ex has hidden close to $100k. I asked my attorney to request her 2006 401k statement but I found out today that he never did.

2. How do I request this statement and what is the deadline for discovery requests?. Our court date is September 28, 2009.

3. Are audio recordings admissible in court?

Anxiously awaiting any responses.
Thank you.

Last edited:

latigo

I think you need to pay a visit to the Texas Bar Association and see how you can go about retrieving the money you paid this shyster.

Other than that you will need to move to vacate the trial setting to give you time to retain competent professional representation.

Frankly, I don’t see that it would be possible for a layperson to become informed enough to comply with and employ the complicated rules and processes of pre-trial discovery in an attempt to disclose the supposedly concealed marital assets. Let alone know how to effectively introduce that evidence in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">