• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Money How Do I Get A Divorce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rbklove

I live in Arkansas. I got married November 26, 2003. My husband left me 8 days later for his exgirlfriend. He returned about a week later and attempted suicide. Returned 2 weeks after that and refused to sign divorce papers I had printed up at the U of A law library, told me of his previous marriage, and showed me a list of the 20 women and 2 men he had slept with before me. None of which I knew about before I married him. I asked about annulment, but it was too expensive and I was told that since we were not drunk and consumated the marriage I could not do that. I don't have much money, I can barely pay my bills, and I was refused service through the Arkansas Legal Clinic. How can I get a free or cheap ($200 or less) contested divorce? I can not find a pro bono lawyer. And I can not afford $600 down and $125 an hour for the lawyers around here. I lost my virginity to my husband when I was 21 on our wedding night. I have been told that was the only reason he married me, that and he thought my family was rich. He left right after my bills came in and I showed them to him. I have not seen him since December 2003. He just dissappeard. No one knows where he is. I don't know what to do. HELP!!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

rbklove said:
I live in Arkansas. I got married November 26, 2003. My husband left me 8 days later for his exgirlfriend. He returned about a week later and attempted suicide. Returned 2 weeks after that and refused to sign divorce papers I had printed up at the U of A law library, told me of his previous marriage, and showed me a list of the 20 women and 2 men he had slept with before me. None of which I knew about before I married him. I asked about annulment, but it was too expensive and I was told that since we were not drunk and consumated the marriage I could not do that. I don't have much money, I can barely pay my bills, and I was refused service through the Arkansas Legal Clinic. How can I get a free or cheap ($200 or less) contested divorce? I can not find a pro bono lawyer. And I can not afford $600 down and $125 an hour for the lawyers around here. I lost my virginity to my husband when I was 21 on our wedding night. I have been told that was the only reason he married me, that and he thought my family was rich. He left right after my bills came in and I showed them to him. I have not seen him since December 2003. He just dissappeard. No one knows where he is. I don't know what to do. HELP!!!

My response:

Damn!

I read all the way through that mess, and not one god-damned mention about the trailer! What about the trailer? And, what about the squirrel stew?

IAAL

LdiJ

rbklove said:
Find out where the closest law library is to you and go there and ask for help in finding out how to do a divorce without an attorney. It can be done, particularly if there are no children and no real property to divide.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

LdiJ said:
Find out where the closest law library is to you and go there and ask for help in finding out how to do a divorce without an attorney. It can be done, particularly if there are no children and no real property to divide.

My response:

Yeah, right . . .

This woman can't even run her own life properly, and you expect her to be able to find, fill out and understand the proper paperwork, understand the "court rules", and everything else attendant to a Dissolution?

I can see it now, she asks the librarian how to do this, and the librarian, arm outstretched, and finger pointing at a volume set of books on the subject, with our writer staring glossy-eyed - - saying to herself, "oh, sh!t . . ."

IAAL

rbklove

For Your Info Sir!

For your information sir I have no problems in all other aspects of my life. I just married a man I, and everyone else, thought we knew. I run 3 very successful business, but all of my money is invested in the companies and I can not access it without damaging the companies. I also plan on taking over my fathers company when he retires, just as he took it over when his fater retired. My family looks rich, and I have never done without. But I am on my own, I am 23 years old, and I am a full time student and the U of A. I have tuition, auto payments, insurance, utilites and other expenses that take up all most my entire pay check. My oldest company is only 2 years old. And it is rough getting started in this area. I was raised in Atlanta, Georgia and LA. So your "hillbilly" comments are pathetic. You are a lawyer, and you should know to get all of the facts before making an assumption.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

rbklove said:
For your information sir I have no problems in all other aspects of my life. I just married a man I, and everyone else, thought we knew. I run 3 very successful business, but all of my money is invested in the companies and I can not access it without damaging the companies. I also plan on taking over my fathers company when he retires, just as he took it over when his fater retired. My family looks rich, and I have never done without. But I am on my own, I am 23 years old, and I am a full time student and the U of A. I have tuition, auto payments, insurance, utilites and other expenses that take up all most my entire pay check. My oldest company is only 2 years old. And it is rough getting started in this area. I was raised in Atlanta, Georgia and LA. So your "hillbilly" comments are pathetic. You are a lawyer, and you should know to get all of the facts before making an assumption.

My response:

You don't have the time to learn law. Hire an attorney - - as that's the only way you're going to be able to handle the situation. And yes, it is "pathetic" that you live in a hillbilly State, and still believe you can handle a Dissolution on your own. You'd be better off making squirrel stew.

IAAL

NHSkiBum

Hi there. I found this link for you.

http://www.divorce-forms.com/ARKANSAS-DIVORCE-FORMS.html

It seems as though you might not have a difficult case and could pull this off on your own. Additionally, try giving the court a call and ask a family clerk where you can get additional information on proceeding Pro Se, forms, ect. Pro Se is "without counsel" - give it a whirl!

Good Luck! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">