• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no response to divorce/custody agreements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

csm

What is the name of your state? PA

I've been separated from my husband for over 8 months. He was served with divorce papers and a custody agreement over 6 months ago. He or his attorney have yet to respond to these. My attorney has been in touch with his attorney who continues to claim he is "working on it". How long must I wait before he is in violation of something? In the meantime my financial situation is becoming critical and we continue to share custody of the children without even a temporary agreement. The childrens expenses become topics of arguments as well as the time arrangements. Also...do I have to send the kids back to his home if we have no agreements. There are issues of alcohol abuse on his part and domestic violence towards me. The children are subjected to inappropriate behavior at his home and there is no discipline what so ever from him. He is also writing letters to my 15 year old daughter discussing inappropriate topics with her regarding our separation. He's allowing her to come and go as she pleases without any curfew. I'm aware of times she is out until midnight. She is also free to roam for approximately three hours after school when she is at his house, leaving our 12 year old home alone. I'm disgusted that this has continued for so long and I feel helpless. At what point do I put pressure on my attorney to get something resolved? Is this length of time normal?

Any advice is appreciated...

A

annefan1000

Having served this person with a custody agreement 6 months ago, has afforded ample time for a response. I'd suggest you instruct your attorney to file a petition for primary physical custody of the minor children as soon as possible. Obviously, your situation is far past the "agreement" stage.

A

annefan1000

(amended response)

In regard to your financial concerns...I'd also recommend you instruct your attorney to file for child support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">