• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Northern California : How to dismiss legal seperation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gondor

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Sacramento, CA

Hi, Back in October I filed Request for Legal Seperation (FL-100), The only other formst that were filed were FL-110, FL-120,FL-335.

We never did receive a court date to this date but my wife and I are back together (last 4 months). Since I filed this originally, how can I cancel what I filed in Sacramento Courts? I'm assuming this should be fairly easy to do since I filed and it hasnt gone to court yet.

CourtClerk

There was no court date because you never requested one or did anything to move your case along.

File a request for dismissal in order to have the case dismissed.

gondor

Hi, Does anyone know what dismissal form # I need in CA? I'm having trouble finding the right form I need to dismiss this filing.

Zofia Rawner

Number

If you are the one who filed for separation, you can file a Request for Dismissal (Form CIV-110) to dismiss your case. But, if you do this and you later decide you want to continue with the separation, you will have to start all over and pay the filing fee again.

You can go to the web address for the form.

California Courts: Self-Help Center: Families & Children: Divorce, Legal Separation & Annulment: Get a Divorce, Legal Separation, or Annulment: How do I stop a divorce case after it has already been filed?

It says this is how you stop a divorce, but you can use this form to stop a separation as well. Once you fill out the form, make sure to bring three copies with you. If you are having difficulty filling it out, ask an attorney for help or go to your local family law facilitator's office. I believe county should have one and help in filling out forms is free.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">