• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not on loan but on the deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

palmtree08

California.

I have been trying to divorce my husband for nearly two years. He is making it impossible by doing NOTHING.

Since he doesn't take care of the home and won't lift a finger for the place, I have approached him face-to-face and in writing to ask him to move out. I offered to have our business pay for up to $3k in rent for where ever he would want to move. Our home is on the market and though we have had no takers yet, it needs to be maintained for prospective clients.

I noticed I am not on the loan for the house but I am on the deed. The bank won't even speak to me about the loan since I am not a signer on the loan.

I can't stand being under the same roof with him anymore. Can I walk away from this house and leave him to figure out how to make the house payment. It's not worth my sanity to wait for it to sell if I don't have to.

Help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">