• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not in my name**************..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pinnochiotwo

Pa.

Hi and thank you,

After we married we bought a house in her name only. She left the home and me and is now refinancing the house we lived in, I still reside in it. Is there anyway that she can be stopped? Do I recieve any equity if sold? My paycheck went into a joint account which she always managed, to pay out what was due.

Sincerely, John from Pa.

LdiJ

Pa.

Hi and thank you,

After we married we bought a house in her name only. She left the home and me and is now refinancing the house we lived in, I still reside in it. Is there anyway that she can be stopped? Do I recieve any equity if sold? My paycheck went into a joint account which she always managed, to pay out what was due.

Sincerely, John from Pa.
You would have to file for divorce and ask the just to order her to stop any refinancing. You would have no other way to handle it. You would be entitled to 1/2 of the equity in the home, but not to the home itself because the home is in her name only. If she can refinance for enough to pay off the current mortgage and buy out your share of the equity, the home would not have to be sold.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">