• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not ready for divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbvol

What is the name of your state?Tennessee

I am not ready for a divorce...I refuse to be served papers..How can I hold up a divorce? How long can I stand my ground? Can I refuse a divorce and ask for a seperation?

LdiJ

sbvol said:
What is the name of your state?Tennessee

I am not ready for a divorce...I refuse to be served papers..How can I hold up a divorce? How long can I stand my ground? Can I refuse a divorce and ask for a seperation?
There is no way that you can stop a divorce if the other party wants one. You can cause minors delays by doing things like you already did by refusing to be served....but its basically a pointless exercise on your part. What's more, by refusing to be served you could actually end up getting yourself served by publication...and the divorce could happen without your knowledge....and you could end up getting really messed over in the terms of the divorce.

So please don't be foolish. For your own protection allow yourself to be served and show up in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">